How To Enroll
To join us at Carolina and confirm your place in the class, here are the steps you'll need to take at a glance. Learn more by using the menu at left to explore the various opportunities and resources here at Carolina. You can also view the Admitted Student Brochure that is sent with letters of admission.
BY MAY 15:
- Enroll and pay $250 enrollment deposit. You may enroll and pay the deposit through your MyCarolina account or return the reply form included in your admission package.
- Order your laptop.
- Submit updated community standards form (must be postmarked by this date).
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
- Create your ONYEN and UNC email account. The Onyen, which stands for the "only name you'll ever need" is your passport to your UNC email account and other UNC services. After creating your Onyen, the UNC Guest ID that you previously used to log into your MyCarolina page will be deactivated. Instead, you'll log into MyCarolina with your Onyen and new password. We'll send important information, including information about your financial aid award, through your UNC email account, which you'll be able to access through your MyCarolina page after setting up your Onyen.
- Register for classes at your ConnectCarolina Student Center (available from MyCarolina). We encourage you to register for classes as early as possible to ensure the widest selection of classes. Learn more about registering for classes.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with your academic advisor. Appointments are available in person, or by phone or via Skype. You'll also meet with an advisor during Transfer Orientation.
- Register for Transfer Orientation. The deadline to reserve your space is July 1.
- Apply for financial aid.
BY JUNE 15:
- Submit online Immunization and Health History Form.
- Submit online housing application.
- Ask an official at your school to submit your final transcript (if you are enrolled in Spring 2013 courses).