Experience Carolina for yourself.
You’re looking for a university, and a community, that fits you. Your needs, passions, dreams and goals. And while we could go on and on about all the opportunities that await you here, there’s really only one way to be sure Carolina’s right for you: visit our campus in person. So go ahead, schedule your tour today.
Click here to reserve your space.
If you've already scheduled your tour but would like to make changes to your reservation, please click here.
Travel Advisory! As you plan your visit, please be aware that the Town of Chapel Hill has a number of transportation improvement projects currently underway and through the summer that might affect your travel to our campus. For the latest information, please visit the Town’s Traffic News Website.
Unable to attend an official campus tour?
Although the best way to explore campus is with one of our friendly student ambassadors, we understand that our tour times may not
fit into your busy schedules. You’re welcome to explore our dynamic campus any time and use our free smart phone mobile app to learn more about Carolina. Just search “Tour Carolina” in the Apple or Android app stores, and you’ll find dozens of pictures and videos highlighting more than 40 points of interest throughout campus —
from the Old Well to the Gillings School of Public Health to the Dean Dome. Don’t have a smartphone? No problem, we also have a self-
guided tour map that you can pick up outside our office in Jackson
And while you're on campus...
- Plan your own Perfect Carolina Visit using recommendations from current students.
- Class Visits — Want to know what it’s really like to attend a class at Carolina? Choose from a diverse list of classes that are open to visitors and reserve a place in a class that is offered on the day you plan to visit.
- View a model room. A residence hall room is open to visitors In Craige Residence Hall from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m, Monday — Friday. When you arrive, please call the community office from the callbox outside the main entrance. You can also browse online photos of all our residence halls.
- Franklin Street and downtown Chapel Hill — Our campus borders downtown Chapel Hill, an idyllic college town like no other. Experience the restaurants, bookstores, theatres, cafes, and street-fair ambience of our historic town. If you're looking for a restaurant to enjoy dinner or lunch after your campus visit, please see our Chapel Hill restaurant guide.
- Interested in a summer business program? (June 10-21, 2013) Deadline to apply is May 16, 2013.
High School Groups of Ten or More
We are often able to accommodate school and community groups who would like to visit campus. If you would like to request a visit with 10 or more high-school students, please submit our Group Tour form at least two weeks in advance of your visit. if you would like to arrange a tour for elementary- or middle-school students, please contact the UNC Visitors' Center.
High School Counselors
We also welcome high school counselors for campus visits. If you are planning an individual visit (not with a group), you do not need to register for a session. If you'd like to schedule a tour for multiple counselors, please submit our Group Tour Form.
"Carolina was the only in-state school where I applied. After scouring the east coast for a school that would fit my personality, I decided to take a tour at UNC. The minute I stepped foot on campus, I realized Carolina was exactly what I was trying to find. What sets Carolina apart is the vibrancy of its students."
Kelsey Farson/Public Policy/Davidson, N.C.